Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dior Homme Spring 2009




Since Hedi Slimane's departure from Dior Homme last year, the line has been steadily shifting from Dior Homme's beloved dark Parisian/ London look towards Kris Van Assche's eastern European, boxy style, which I'm afraid will be the death of the label.
Van Assche's Spring/ Summer line for 2009 was to me, a disgrace. The oversized, rediculous pink track jackets paired with white streetwear inspired sneakers and boxy, ill fitting patent leather coats seemed so cheap. It all seemed so atypical of the beauty and seamlessness of Dior's aquired look, like Van Assche forgot who he was designing for.
Although, I'm just let down by the runway show, I'm sure once the collection is in stores there will be a few nice, basic pieces. It just seemed like Van Assche was trying a bit too hard to separate himself from other Parisian labels this season. I liked the tight, spandex blend trousers a lot to be honest.



No comments: